Gurdwara Patshahi Pahili Siddh Bati, Kurukshetra

Gurdwara Name Gurdwara Patshahi Pahili Siddh Bati Address Kurukshetra
Zipcode Phone 91 1744 290527
Fax Contact Email
Sarai Available no Sarai Contact Information
Sarai facilities
Sarai Room Count
Website URL
History This Gurdwara has been built in the memory of the visit of Guru Nanak Devji. It was here that Guru Nanak Devji, on the day of solar eclipse, cooked meat of a deer, in order to teach meaninglessness of taboo of meat eating. The Hindu priests asserted that cooking of meat on the occasion of eclipse was a sin. Guru Sahibji told them that an eclipse was a natural occurrence and had nothing to do with religion or meat eating. The present building of Gurdwara was built in 1770s by Raja Bhai Udey Singh of Kaithal at the site of the Manji Sahib, which had been destroyed by Ahmed Shah Durrani during his attack of Kurukshetra. The two hymns of the topic that appear in Var Malhar Ki in Guru Granth Sahib ji are believed to have been uttered on this occasion. Several Sikh Gurus visited Kurukshetra, especially on the occasion of solar eclipses which attract vast crowds of Hindus, holy men, scholars and lay devotees, who throng to have a dip in the sprawling sacred tank. Guru Nanak Dev took advantage of one such occasion during the early yeas of the sixteenth century by preaching against superstitious rites and rituals. Guru Amar Dass ji, who had made several trips to Kurukshetra as a pilgrim before his conversion to Sikhism, visited the place once at least in 1553. Bhai Jetha, later Guru Ram Das, probably accompanied Guru Amar Dass ji on that visit.
Remarks Gurdwara Sidh Bati Patshahi Pahili, near Kurukshetra tank, is about one km from railway station Thanesar. To visit historical Gurdwaras in Kurukshetra , contact Happy Sharma 91 9896513010 who runs an auto in this city.
Comments:

Images

Gurdwara_siddh_bati_patshahi_pahili1

Gurdwara_siddh_bati_patshahi_pahili