Gurdwara Singh Sabha, Churu

Gurdwara Name Gurdwara Singh Sabha Address Churu
Zipcode Phone 7460785523
Fax Contact Email
Sarai Available unknown Sarai Contact Information Mukhtiar Singh
Sarai facilities
Sarai Room Count
Website URL http://churu.nic.in/AboutUs/Places/Sahwa.html
History Gurudwara Sahib Sahwa SAHVA, a village in Churu district of Rajasthan, 40 km southwest of Bhadra , is referred to as Suheva in Sikh chronicles and is popularly called Suhava Sahib. Guru Gobind Singh, while travelling from the Punjab to the South in October November 1706 arrived here from Nohar via Surpur along the old cartroad which still exists. He established his camp near the eastern bank of a pond. Param Singh and Dharam Singh, sons of Bhai Rup Chand, used to make the Guru`s bed at every stage of the journey. Not finding a suitable cot here, they improvised a bedstead with tree branches and wild grass. They were blessed by the Guru for their service and devotion. Near the Guru`s camp there stood an old jand tree through which had sprouted a pipal. The Guru remarked that as the pipal tree overgrew the rough, thorny Jand, the Khalsa would prosper. At present only the old pipal tree stands. It was probably during his stay here that the Guru visited Bhadra. Platform was constructed on the spot consecrated by the Guru`s stay, and was looked after by a local devotee, Daulat Ram, and his descendants till 1873 when a Punjabi Sikh, Ram Singh, settled here as a permanent granthi. The Maharaja of Patiala sanctioned ajagir`m 1882, which continued till 1951. The cornerstone for the present building was laid on the 1st of Baisakh 1942 Bk/ 11 April 1885. In 1966 Baba Baghel Singh, a karsevavale activist acquired it from Mahant Harnam Singh (7 May 1976). The principal annual festival is the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak when Sikhs from the surrounding area come to pay homage at this gurdwara.
Remarks
Comments:

Images